Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two Days After a Mini Nervous Breakdown


35 Weeks Pregnant, Waterfront Park, Williamsburg, NY
photo by Roberto Falck

I had my first anxiety attack on Saturday, May 24th. After speaking for 2.5 hous on the phone while laying down in bed, very relaxed, I felt something in my belly. I couldn't move, I felt a lot of pressure. It was extremely uncomfortable and sort of painful. I called Eran desperately, he was at home and came right away to check what was going on. I described what I was feeling. He asked if I was feeling contractions. The word CONTRACTION made me laugh nervously. I had a cold and my nose was very stuffed, I could not breath well. Than I started crying and think: What if the baby is born NOW? OMG! The baby's room is not ready, we don't have a baby's bed yet, we don't have a car seat and what's gonna be the baby's astrological sign? I don't know how to do anything, I'm not ready yet!!! ohhhhhhhhhhh! Crying and not being able to breath well, just panicking for almost one hour! Finally I calmed down...and the next day we started to organize and get really ready for the baby's arrival....wow! What a wake up call!

No comments: